Sweet Yellow Corn & Calamari
I made this corn meal with all the leftover ingredients in my pantry. You will come to find that I do this a lot. I just really hate wasting food so every time I can see a meal out of the food in my pantry, I do it! This turned out to be quite a hit with my dad actually. We are constantly looking for rice and corn flower substitutes and this sweet corn that dad had brought was perfect. If you decide to try making this, please make sure you get soft corn and boil it on the cob then take it off the cob using your hands (after it has cooled) or a knife.
- 4 corns (boiled & out of the corb)
- Calamari for four (seasoned & fried)
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes (pureed)
- 1.5 cups of coconut milk
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 table spoon of salt (or less)
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely diced)
- Sauté the onions and garlic.
- Add green pepper
- Add the calamari and stir until well seasoned
- Add tomato puree and salt. Mix well and leave for the tomatoes to cook
- Add the corn and stir
- Once all water is drained and everything is fully mixed, add the coconut milk. Stir continuously until the mix comes to a boil (i.e. until the coconut is well cooked)
I think the meal is best served warm for lunch but you can be the judge of that. If you end up trying it, do leave me a comment to tell me what you think of it.